The girl I haven't met (Kurzgeschichte auf Englisch)

ACG Sommerfest 2024
Sei dabei beim ACG Sommerfest 2024! diesmal ganz wirklich - okay?!
Klick mich für mehr Informationen.
  • The girl I haven't met

It was an ordinary school day like any other. The bell rang announcing that class was over. It was the last period for the day which meant I could finally go home. Outside the school I had to wait for the bus since my house was quite far away. After some time the bus finally came. I went inside and sat down on one of the many available seats. I didn't get much sleep last night so I thought I could take a little nap.
    But when I woke up again I was in a place I'd never seen before. It was a small village surrounded by a lake. I thought that I missed my stop but then I remembered that my house was near the last bus stop. I stepped outside the bus and walked along the small road leading into the village. There was a market place with different stalls selling vegetables, fruits and various other things. It was a lively place, filled with voices, laughter and the sound of playing children. At the end of the street was an alley that lead to a quiet and shady place. I sat down on some stairs and listened to the echoing voices coming from the market place when suddenly a girl came running through. As she was jumping happily, totally oblivious of her surroundings, she tripped and fell in front of me. She wanted to let out a cry but as soon as she noticed me she tried to hold it in. Although I felt bad for her, I started laughing when I realized how hard she was trying. She threw an angry look at me and turned away. I picked her up from behind and held her between my arms. Embarassed she tried to shake me off but I told her that since her leg is hurt I'll carry her. Eventually she gave in and told me where to go. With the girl in my arms I walked through the alleys while she was giving me directions. The sun was setting and there was a cool breeze blowing through the village. After a while we ended up in front of an old tree house on the edge of the lake. We climbed up the tree and went inside the house. It looked like someone was actually living here. There was a little oil lamp burning on a table, next to it were some plants and different kinds of fruits. Two boys were sitting on chairs while carving wooden figures. Confuzed I looked at the girl wating for an explanation. She told me that they were her little brothers and how the three of them live in this tree house because they don't have anywhere else to go. She said that with a sad smile on her face so I didn't pry any further. I spent the night there, watching the two guys play with their figures and soon after we all fell asleep. The next day came and I decided to stay with them a little longer. The time with them was nice and carefree. We played different games together, we collected fruits and berries and ate them together, on hot days we bathed in the lake together and in the evening we sat down around the little oil lamp and talked together. One evening I was sitting with the girl inside the house while the two boys were still outside playing. We sat on the floor next to each other and looked at the stars through the little window. The girl said she is happy that I am staying with them and that her brothers seem to like it aswell. I wanted to say something but the girl cut me off. With a sad look on her face she said that although she is happy now, I'll have to leave her eventually. I was a little sad and confuzed by her words. I patted her on the head and told her that I wouldn't leave her. With tears running down her face she repeated the same words. "You'll have to leave me, I know you will .... because you don't belong here." I didn't know what to say. A strange feeling pierced my chest as if I knew she was right but I didn't want it to be true. "Atleast for today I won't leave you", I said. I wiped her tears away and kissed her. There was a feeling of sadness and embarassment in the air. We didn't talk much after that. We hugged each other thightly and gazed at the stars until we fell asleep. On the next day I woke up lying on the ground. Noone was there, even the boys disappeared. I looked outside the house but still, no one was there. I panicked and began to look for them. I searched in the entire village but without success. On the verge of giving up I walked outside the village on the road I used before. Suddenly I see the girl and the two boys waiting in front of a bus. Happy to see them I rushed over to the bus stop. The girl looked at me with a forced smile on her face and told me that my bus is here. I wanted to tell her that I won't get on the bus. That I won't leave them. That I'll stay here forever. But I had the same painful feeling as yesterday in my chest, telling me that I can't stay here even if I wanted to. The boys were crying, they told me to come and play with them again. I nodded while patting them on the head. Then I turned around and looked at the girl. She was still forcing a smile. A very, very sad one. I hugged her and told her that I'll come back one day. She didn't say anything, she just hugged me back. I stepped inside the bus and looked at them one more time before saying goodbye. As we were waving at each other, the doors closed and the bus started driving. I realized how tired I was from running aroung the village so I sat down on one of the seats. While thinking about the days I spend with the girl and her brothers I noticed that I didn't even ask her for her name. Short after I fell asleep.
    After a while I hear the announcement for the bus stop where I have to get out. I wake up realizing that I am back to reality. A sad feeling accompanies me while I get off the bus and walk home. A vague memory of the girl whose name I don't know. The girl whose face I don't remember. The girl I haven't met.

• Nun, du hast zwar nicht explizit nach meiner Meinung gefragt, aber da ich grad etwas Zeit hab (und Lust, mal jemanden rund zu machen!) lasse ich sie dich mal wissen. :whaaat:

Wobei ich auf die englische Rechtschreibung und Grammatik nicht eingehe, hin und wieder m e i n e ich zwar, dass sich mal eine Formulierung nicht ganz stimmig anhört, und dass man zum Beispiel confused nicht mit nem z schreibt - aber ansonsten fehlt mir zum detailierten ankreiden doch die Kompetenz in diesem Punkt.

(Die kann ich zwar auch nicht wirklich vorweisen, wenns um Literatur und Inhalt geht, aber das soll mich einfach mal nicht davon abhalten schnell und scharf zu urteilen dich wissen zu lassen, wie mir deine Geschichte gefallen hat.)

Und was das betrifft muss ich zugeben: gar nicht so übel. Mag sein, das sie nicht vor unerwarteten Plottwists sprüht oder sie frei von jedem konventionellem Klischee wäre, oder von etwas noch nie dagewesenem erzählt - dennoch fand ich sie aber auch nicht fade oder gänzlich langweilig.

Und in meinen Augen ist genau das ein wichtiger Punkt der für eine Geschichte und vor allem ihren Erzähler spricht.
    Denn zum Grossteil hängt es immer von ihm ab, ob man etwas interessant findet oder nicht!

Und ich hatte das Gefühl, dass du da schon was richtig machst und Potenzial da ist. Nur leider, leider scheint es mir auch so, dass es dir hier noch nicht ganz gelungen ist einige Fugen und Risse zu vermeiden, in welchen das Potenzial tragischerweise manchmal etwas versickert.

Tragischerweise deshalb, weil es sich nicht um ein Loch im Boden handelt, auf das ich mit dem Finger zeigen könnte, und sagen: "Stopf das aus, dann ist deine Story perfekt!"

So kann ich dir eben nicht genau sagen, was du tun müsstest damit die Geschichte (in meinen Augen!) super wär.
    Ich schrecke auch davor zurück, dir zu raten dass die Geschichte viel mehr Adjektive braucht, und die Figuren mehr Tiefe, indem du beschreibst, dass ihre Haare soundso sind, und ihre Augen soundso, und ihr Lächeln soundso, denn da würde ich dir einen schönen Bärendienst erweisen!

Denn sowas macht nicht die Tiefe aus, die man erreicht, wenn man es schafft Charakteren eine Natur zu geben, ein Geheimnis, eine Seele.
    Und das wiederum meint aber auch nicht ihre ganze komplette Wesensart, jedes einzelne kleine Detail ihrer kleinsten Ängste, Hoffnungen, Träume und Gedanken.
    Denn das wär wieder zuviel - nicht nur in Kurzgeschichten.

Wie du siehst, ich weiss auch nicht genau wie mans macht. (Wüsst ichs würd ich mein Geld mit Schreiben verdienen :frozen: )

Aber ich denke, du verstehst vielleicht etwas, worauf ich am ehesten hinausmöchte, denn grade auch die beiden Jungs die bei dem Mädchen wohnen verblassenten während des Lesens für mich auch recht stark.

Und wenn sich auch der Protagonist am Ende seiner Erinnerung nicht mehr so sicher ist, versuch trotzdem - oder auch gerade deswegen! den Lesern die Ereignisse umso deutlicher einzubrennen.

Ansonsten, die Geschichte zu lesen hat mir doch auch Spass gemacht, deshalb hoffe ich, dass es dir auch weiterhin Spass macht, den Leuten wieder welche zu erzählen!

I see the lights of the village

gleam through the rain and the mist

and a feeling of sadness comes o´er me

that my soul cannot resist

• Also erstmal danke für die tolle, konstruktive Kritik.
    Ich habe solch kleinere Geschichten schon auf diversen Foren veröffentlicht und es bereit mir immer wieder Freude, wenn sich jemand die Zeit nimmt um seine Meinung dazu zu äußern oder auf Verbesserungsvorschläge hinzuweisen.

Um auf die Sache mit dem "englisch" einzugehen. Damit bin ich momentan in der absoluten Anfangsphase. Ich habe bisher ausschließlich auf deutsch geschrieben und natürlich ist englisch auf nicht meine Muttersprache, deswegen ist die Geschichte auch sprachlich nicht so ausgeprägt. Der Grund warum ich momentan versuche von deutsch auf englisch zu wechseln, ist, weil mir persönlich die Verbildlichung und der Klang der Sprache mehr gefällt. Und nicht zu vergessen, die Reichweite ist auch eine ganz andere. Ich lese momentan viel auf englisch, um zum Einen meine sprachliche Kompetenz zu verbessern und zum Anderen um mehr über die stilistischen Sprachmittel der englischen Sprache zu erfahren.
    Deswegen sind mir sprachliche Anmerkungen natürlich besonders wichtig. Also danke dafür. ^^

Zum Inhalt kann ich nur sagen, dass ich da zwischendurch etwas faul war. Da es mein erster Versuch war, eine Kurzgeschichte auf englisch zu verfassen, hab ich versucht es sprachlich "ok" zu verpacken und es relativ Kompakt zu halten. Deswegen fehlen da durchaus die Details, wie du auch schon angemerkt hast.
    Außerdem basiert die Idee auf einen Traum den ich neulich hatte. Habe also versuch so nah wie möglich an dessen Geschehen zu bleiben, weil ich mich recht detailliert an den Traum erinnern konnte. Was aber auch ein weiterer Grund für meine Faulheit war, weil ich nicht viele Veränderungen unternommen habe.

Da sich der Rest deiner Anmerkungen eher auf das Sprachliche bzw. auf fehlende Stilmittel bezieht, geh ich da nicht noch mal im Detail drauf ein. Das Problem liegt nämlich wie gesagt eher an meinen momentanen englisch Fähigkeiten.
    Was nicht heißen soll, dass die Anmerkungen bedeutungslos sind. Im Gegenteil, es ist eine große Hilfe um nach speziellen Stilmitteln zu schauen und in Zukunft darauf zu achten sie gezielt zu verwenden.

Ansonsten danke auch für den Lob in einigen Bereichen. Es ist definitiv motivierend zu hören, dass man Spaß am Lesen der Geschichte hatte.